6 goals before we solve the storage issues of a Wrangler JK 2D
1. Light : We don’t want to waste precious payload capacity by adding heavy storage bags, drawers, vaults, and steel consoles. For example, some PVC side storage bags weigh up to 8 lbs (each!) and concealed underseat drawers up to 15 lbs (!!!). So, your challenge is to find a way to create a lot of secure and robust storage without using heavy storage products available for Jeepers.
2. Hassle-free : DIY projects are cool but take time, tools, and a workshop. We are looking here for quick and easy-to-install storage products.
3. Affordable : We want to spend our money on the most important things, like Jeep upgrades, tools, and spare parts, not on aluminum storage systems, expensive BPA-free rubber bins, luxury powder-coated drawers, or genuine-leather bags.
4. Efficient : Everything should bein the right place and easy to access. Functional and clean. You don’t want to store a muddy recovery strap with your clean clothes.
5. High storage capacity : More cubic inches available means more supplies. More supplies means surviving longer (and going farther). Carrying a lot of calories, water, and hygiene items can also act as a powerful stress reliever when you realize you’re now stuck somewhere for a while. Even if it takes two weeks to get your Jeep unstuck or to get help, you are (for now) just a fat cat camping in the wilderness.
6. Appearance : Since you are going to spend weeks in your Jeep, a better interior style will certainly contribute to lift your spirits on a daily basis.